Tuesday 17 December 2013

Photoshop drawings.


The original drawings to this are in my Scrapbook.

To create these images I started off by drawing a section of a photograph I have of Anthony. I then scanned the drawings into the computer before developing the images in Photoshop.


I started to develop this image by duplicating the scanned image to form a top layer so when I added the layers of paint I wouldn’t lose the detail. I just changed the layer type of the duplicated layer to multiply. I then switched to the original image and began to add paint using the brush tool. Before I added paint I changed the opacity of the brush down to create a semi-translucent colour. I then began to paint in the image starting with the shadows. The only thing with this method is you have to paint everything you want in that particular colour in one go because the second I let go of the mouse it fixed the layer of colour. This effect can work well but it takes some time and patience to master the tool. I found it this method of painting an image tricky when using a mouse or track-pad that is why the image has clear lines where I clicked off the mouse. I was lucky enough that my dad bought me a graphics tablet for Christmas and I was able to attempt this form of painting again with better results as I will go onto shortly. After I built up the various layers of paint for this image I just added the final layer (the multiplied background layer) to the top of the layer order this brought back the fine detail which I covered up during the painting process. I chose to use unrealistic colours for this to experiment with the tool. I then went onto create a more realistic version of the same image as shown below this was done in exactly the same way only I chose different colours.  





i used a similar method to create these images. i chose to add the colour of anthony's eyes into the drawing. i think that this worked out really well. so i decided to develop it another step.




i took the actual eye of my edited drawing and used the clone stamp tool to reproduce the image in this way. ( the clone stamp tool is difficult to explain how it works without being shown)
here is a link that shows how to use the tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np1GgwmuHxc













The following images I used using my graphics tablet which allowed me to create a far better outcome from my scanned in drawings.
Created on Christmas Day

As you can see there is a huge difference in quality of the painting after I’ve used my graphics tablet I was able to achieve this because my graphics tablet allows me to move around my image freely and without removing my pen from the tablet resulting in a smoother finish and join of colours. I chose to use browns within this image so it would be a nice comparison with my previous edits. I chose to use purples in the hair because it complemented the slight hints of red within the browns that I used. Overall I am happy with the outcome of these images the method and techniques used are remarkable in comparison with my previous images without using the tablet.


Created on Christmas Day
For this image I chose to use blues purples to create a different mood within the drawing. I think it has worked really well and I am happy with the outcome there are some areas within the image that I could have tried to make smoother but overall I think this image was a success. I also added a mixture of colours within the hair to create an added interest to the painting. This turned out rather well I like the hints of yellow and green within the hair it adds depth to the painting which it needed.




For my last image done this way I decided to use totally different colours than I have in my other edits. (Leaving green and purple behind slightly) I used yellows and reds to create the main section of the painting I think this change in colours has worked well and created a much warmer image than I have managed to achieve in previous edits. I couldn’t quite pull myself away from adding purple and green into the image but I made sure that the main colour in the hair is blue with only small hints of green and purple which work well with the image as a whole. 



No comments:

Post a Comment