Monday 9 December 2013

Airbrushed Images.



For a more detailed and step by step method of how I've edited my images see the post 'Implementation of basic Photoshop airbrushing'
                                                                                                     

Here i have simply removed the spots with the spot healing tool. i then used the dodge tool to enhance the colour of his eyes. i also used the burn tool to darken his eyebrows. when darkening areas i needed to be careful not to over so it and make them look unrealistic which i have managed to do. if i was to re edit this image i would add less to the eyebrows.
With this image I went over the whole image with the dodge tool which lightened the whole image. (Looking back now I realised I could have done this a much more effective way which I will go into on a different post) I then used the dodge tool on the eyes and teeth to make them lighter. This has worked well on the eyes but it has made the teeth look more yellow than I intended. 



  

Again with this image i did very little to it. i simpley cropped the image down slightly and used the spot healing tool to remove any imperfections. the lighting on the original image is rather good making the skin look flawless allowing there to be little alterations to be done.


With this image I decided to explore with Photoshop a little more by using multiple layers to create a smooth skin tone. I started by following the basic airbrushing method. Then I simply added to it. I did this by duplicating the background image and adding a filter. The filter I used is Gaussian blur. This gave the image a slight blur but there were some areas that I didn't like the look of such as the eyes so I just erased them to reveal the original image below. Once I was happy with the effects I simply flattened the image before saving as a jpeg. I added the Gaussian blur to make the skin look smoother and more flawless.  

with this image i have used the spot healing burush to remove all spots freakles and  moles ect, i then used the dodge tool on the eyes i have noticed now that i used the dodge tool too many times and as a result the eyes look un realistic. also i have used the burn tool to darken the hat and eyebrows. i also cropped the image down to remove the majority of the background.



I decided to edit a cropped image of anthony and compare the images side by side and ask on Facbook if my friends could tell what the differences where.

the replies i got were spot on in general with one of my friends bringing up a slight moral issue that has developed over time as photopshop has become more and more popular by magazine companies editing their images to to the point that they are unrepresentative of the original model. this has caused a massive problem with young people looking up to the images they see and wanting to look exactly like the images they see when in reality the images have been altered in phtoshop. With this in mind i have tried to make my images look clearly edited to avoid this issue.




No comments:

Post a Comment