Monday 20 January 2014

photoshoped photographs of myslef.

Having looked at the mind maps I have decided to use Photoshop to manipulate some images of myself as a possible area to go explore.


For this project I decided to start off by exploring simplistic photo edits using Photoshop. I decided to change the background to give the image an alternative mood and feel, this helps to make the image aesthetically pleasing. I chose this image because it was taken in my last year of high school. This was a time where I was happy with my hair colour weight and it was a time where I was really happy.











With this image I decided to cut out the main image and delete the background I then decided to use my favourite colours to create a washout effect background I chose a wash out background because I like the way it complements the image of me. I then turned my attention to the text. This was rather complicated as I had to take into consideration the spacing and sizing of the letters as well as the colour. I chose a lemon yellow because it contrasts with the blues and purples within the background. It also complements the light areas within my face connecting the various elements within the image together. Over all I quite like this as an idea however I think it is too simplistic and doesn't show enough of who I am as a person which leads me to stop developing this any further.




I decided to take a rather old image of myself (that was taken in 2008 on the day I saw bullet for my valentine) and develop it into an image which reflects the atmosphere in which that night had. I decided to duplicate the image after I removed the background. I then decided to change the opacity allowing the background (of lighting from when I saw another band live recently) to be visible through the initial image of myself. I allowed the centre image to be more visible than the other two to draw the eye into the centre of the image much like the lighting in a live environment focuses on the lead singer who is normally situated in the centre of the stage. Over all I think that this works really well as an image and it links in with one of my biggest passions in life, music. By linking an image of me into something that I love it shows that there is more to me than just the physical appearance, which is an idea that I will explore deeper as this project develops.





One of my ideas was to create a magazine cover that shows an alternative side to me maybe even a darker side to me. I decided to use an image from my last year of high school for the main focus of the magazine cover. The reason for this is simply because I liked the pose and the expression within the image. I decided to adopt a blue colour scheme within this image because the jumper I have on in the image is blue also my eyes are blue so it made sense to keep the colours to a select few. I decided to duplicate the original image so I could add various layers in case a particular section of the image didn’t turn out as I expected I could easily change it by removing that section and adding a different effect to that area. Once I was happy with the colours within the image I then decided to add the masthead to the image. The font I used is the same font that my favourite band (Evanescence) uses for their logo. I used this font to bring in an added element of me to my work. Having completed this magazine idea I think it works as an idea however I think I could have added more to it to display some of the things that have shaped me to being who I am today.






what i decided to do for this was take an image of when i was in highschool and overlay a scanned image of a page from my leavers book, that my friends filled in. i like the idea of these as i could produce a seres of these within a gallery space. the piece shows what people think of me and remember me by. from this idea i intend on asking some of my current friends to write a page or so about me that i will scan into my laptop and re create this idea with a recent photograph of me. 


with this image i decided to play about with duplicating images, this is done fairly simply. by duplicating the background layer, errasing the original background from the image. I then duplicated the layer before moving each layer into position when i was happy with the positioning i then added a background.















For this image I took an image and opened it on Photoshop. I then duplicated the image and removed the background I did this by using a combination of the eraser tool and the polygonal lasso tool. I made sure that the eraser tool was set onto feather and carefully removed the background closest to the main image I did this because I have more control over the tool. once I was happy with the edges, I then used the polygonal lasso tool to remove the remaining background by using this tool and not the eraser tool I can insure that the whole background has been removed and no small bits, which can make the image look horrible if left in are left. Once I was happy with the removal of the background image I then started to edit the main image. I did this by altering the curves within Photoshop. When I was happy with the basic tones and colours I then altered them more by using the hue and saturation and colour balance. One thing I noticed with this image at this stage was the eyes weren’t aesthetically pleasing. To correct this I erased the eyes on the layer. Then I duplicated the background image and altered the image by using the same process until the eyes complemented the overall image. When the overall image was completed I took my attention to the background of the image. For this I took an image I took when I saw a band live and enlarged it so I was happy with the colours for the background. After getting the background as I wanted it I re organised the order of the layers until I was happy with the image. I then flattened the image and saved.




 







with this image i took an older image of myself and added a scanned image of a game of hangman





































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment