Thursday 12 June 2014

Final Evaluation.

For this project i chose the theme of Goths. I chose this because it is a subculture that i already know lots about and would find the props and other things easy to source. i got my initial ideas by looking at the various types of goths these included steam punk, modern goth, gothic lolita, and cyber goth, out of these types of goths i was able to source props for all but the gothic lolita. i decided not to have live models for my photoshoot mainly to make the whole process safer. i substituted models for polystyrene skulls and dressed them with a top hat fake goggles and gear decorations. i also used other props i have around the house.
These  consisted of a dragon and various bracelets all summerise the typical gothic subculture. Once I had sourced the props i needed I then set about to make a micro studio setup at home using the two polystyrene skulls and towels as the backdrop. For the lighting I started using natural light and using the curtains to control the amoumt of light reaching the skulls. The main reason why I chose to make a mockup of my shoot was to give me an idea of the positions of the skulls that worked best. By having an idea of the few positions that worked well I was then able to narrow down the amount of photos of the skulls I needed to take in the main studio giving me more time to take photos of the skull with the hat on.

No comments:

Post a Comment