Thursday 27 February 2014

alternative magazine designs.







I chose this image of Anthony for this magazine idea because it reflects one of my final magazine covers. I basically touched up the image by altering the levels and removing the original background. I then moved Anthony's face to the edge of the page before creating a new layer for the background. I decided to keep the background simple by using his favourite colour. To create the background I used the paint push tool and with my graphics tablet started to paint in the background using various shades of green. I also altered the opacity and size do the brush to give the image a traditional painted look. I think the overall image works well as a background for a magazine spread. However I don’t think it is strong enough for a final magazine spread.






For this magazine spread I took an image of Anthony and scanned it in and developed it in illustrator. I added boxed for columns of text and changed the opacity so that the text can still be read. I also added a border at the bottom and added page numbers. This design is simple and rather bland in the way of colour. So I decided not to choose this for my final design.







For this magazine spread design I scanned in an image of Anthony showing off his plumbing work and developed it by adding in a page of his handwriting onto the image. I then faded the writing out by adding a layer mask and selecting a gradient this faded the text closer to his face and body allowing the text to be read on one side.







The above image lacked in colour to assist this I went back to Photoshop and painted blue into the image I chose blue to represent water which is in fitting with Anthony's profession.
Once I was happy with the image I then added text to this image using illustrator. 










i created two collums of text and changed the font and coulour so that the text can be read.


When I printed this final design off, I noticed the text wasn't easy to read. I then went back to Illistratour and worked on various versions of colour combinations. However, I was unable to come to a satisfactory result by chaning the text colour alone. I then explored the options on having a background to the text. For this I simply created two rectangled boxes selected white and filled them in. All i needed to do from there was alter the ocpacity to allow the background image to be seen. I then re added the text. because I added the background to the collums this enabled me to use black as the font colour.





The rest of the colour alterations have been printed off and handed seperatly.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment